Friday, April 15, 2011

Freebie Friday- Bunny stitchery

These are some naughty bunnies....horsing around! 
I thought you might like to stitch these babies up before Easter.  Here are some tips to good stitching (atleast I think so)....  use a disappearing blue marker to trace design on already tea-dyed muslin (quilt stores and fabric stores now carry this).  I love my light box for tracing (don't know what I would do without it!). I usually put cotton batting behind the muslin when stitching (it gives a nice very slight pucker).  I use colors that show up on the muslin....lay your floss over the muslin, if it is hard to see...don't use that color. The more you stitch the better you get at it....my first stitcheries were a mess.  Rinse out the disappearing marker when done stitching and lay flat to dry.  Adding blush to cheeks with a cotton swab adds sooooo much!
 Boy do I have a headache this morning....it is close becoming a migraine.  Yuck!  I better get my work done and relax!  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. hope your migraine goes away...stat!!! cute bunnies:) feel better soon..the weather changes always bring me migraines...thanks so much for sharing your talent & last weekend with us!
    ~hollie:)

    ReplyDelete