Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hard decisions! Yikes!

Hi all you crafty gals!!!  Today I am telling you about a decision that I made in the past few weeks....one that sort of breaks my heart but is really good for me.  I am completely quitting craft shows.  My business with Hudson's Holidays....designing patterns and artwork is going great...growing all the time.  I just don't have time to do craft show anymore....I have been trying to do everything.....from being at home taking care of the house, my husband, and my daughter....to designing my products.....writing my patterns....to running all the internet sites I have...photography....dealing with sales....mailing...it just goes on and on. 
I love craft shows...I love making little goodies and seeing the people who want them and talking to them!  I love playing around making things....I feel like a kid...but craft shows are alot of work and they take so much of my time from me.
Last year I started reducing the craft shows I was in...thinking that would work, but now I see I need even more time.  I really am feeling broken hearted....cause I have been doing it forever it seems.  I am even saying goodbye to the Farm Chicks show....which is an awesome show just like the Jim Custer shows....but I simply can't do everything.  I recently got a pattern distributor....Petersen-Arne....and I really need to make designing the priority...and My little family has always been a priority.  I will still do the Washington State Quilt show and Quilt Market because they are part of my pattern business.  I am always going to have my patterns and other artwork like flashcards and collage sheets on the internet sites like my etsy and my patternmarts...etc.
It feels like a relief on one hand....to not have to make lots of items to fill a booth, yet sad not to be there at the shows.  I will come as a customer to the shows! I will always fit time in for creating.

4 comments:

  1. COngrats on your booming business! Sometimes we do just need to simplify our lives a little and take time for ourselves! Maybe if you miss the shows too much, you could just do a Christmas show once a year? As always, I love your creations! Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much...your comments always make me smile. You are right....got to take time for ourselves. I have one more show this year that I have paid for so I am going to try to sell my stock...lol.
    Hugs!
    Shirley
    Hudson's Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must feel like a huge load is off your shoulders once coming to that decision. I would also like to say to you Congratulations on finding so many successful outlets for your awesome talents! Creative folks like you make the world a prettier place :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Maureen...I must say your wonderful words cheer me up a ton!!! We Crafty girls need to stick together.
    Thanks again!
    Shirley
    Hudson's Holidays

    ReplyDelete